Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Today I find myself wanting to pull my hair out, so I decided to take a break and just type for myself for a bit.
I am in the process of putting together another fundraiser for the Y. It's this years bowling tournament. I had to change facilities due to the cost of running the event, and change the way the prizes were given out. But it's a constant event in our community so people are always giving, and willing to sign up a team, knowing the money goes to a good cause.
I am also in the process of doing the second of this years mailer for our annual schoalrship campaign. This is rough as it's thousands of letters, signing the letters, typing in names, lables, stuffing envelopes, etc. Thank goodness for the front desk willing to help with the last couple go-rounds. It has made not only my job easy and their day go by faster, it's helped the mailer go out faster so we are done on time. But, all in all, that's mostly my fault because I always think I need to do it myself. I have a hard time accepting help because then things get out of order and it most of the time takes longers. I think, however, that the front desk understands this of me now, and is able to do things how they are supposed to be done.
I also have Spring Break Camp starting on Monday. I have all the crafts set up, tomorrow I will have all the stuff for the back up crafts (in case we can't go to the park), all the packets are made, all the movies have been chosen, and we're set up for the movie "Megamind" on the big screen at the Kelso Theatre Pub with pizza and pop and unlimited popcorn for three hours on Friday. I had a mom sign up her two kids yesterday and she doesn't want them to leave the facility. I already want to refund her money, but I agreed I would call her first and see why she doesn't want the kids to leave. My guess, first time campers, never been dropped off before. I can't say to much about that, Jared and I were a lot like that when Jayce was young. His first camp was Cispus when he was in the 6th grade.
I guess the best part of this week is that Jared is on days and has another weekend off. And then again the same schedule next week. This is a rareity for us. We have some fun out of the house stuff planned and I am excited. Next weekend, my cousin is coming up from Hillsboro to take some family pictures at Lake Sacajawea. I'm really excited since I wasn't really excited about the YMCA fundraiser photos we just got back.
Well I guess that's all for today. I'm gona call that mom and set up a facility usage with a local church group. Always something going on :)

No comments: