Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Potter November Update

It's been awhile since I wrote in my blog, so I thought I would catch up for those that read this.



Jayce just finished football and is gearing up for wrestling. Pre-season practices start tonight and regular practice starts on Monday the 17th. So not much of a break, but it will work.



Jared lost a crew member to back injuries, and is back out in the fab shop. This means that he is working outside constantly and back on every install. But we both admitted that the hours are better.

I am just finishing up the yearly paperwork for our United Way Grant and am in the process of looking for other grants to be able to add more things to do around the facilities. I am also in the process of planning our yearly Thanksgiving get together. This year we decided, since we do it the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year, that almost two days in a row of traditional food, that we're going non-traditional this year and ordering Mexican food from a local restaurant. This will save so much preperation around the house. Just need to clean and set up the tables. And it's less money on our part. Always good to save money.

We had a scare with Jared, we thought he had a small heart attack. Turns out, thank goodness, it was another symptom of his hidla hernia. Another scary moment in our lives. On the other hand, I'm doing pretty good. I still have moments, but they are down to moments now, not days or weeks. And my stress level has come way down. I try not to take as much work home with me, as I noticed that contributes to alot of it too. I also am reconnecting with friends who I didn't get to spend as much time with before. It helps to have a bigger circle of friends and supporters. I've also been re-establishing my ability to embroider. I had said earlier that everyone was going to get something for Christmas. Yeah...I'm not as good as I remember. So I've been practicing on a rather large doiley, which has turned out to be very colorful and with alot of different stitches. But, again, it helps to practice and when it's done, I will feel like I can do some of the bigger projects I've put off for years.

Speaking of money...We finally got the house re-financed!!! We are so excited. Next is to pay off the car and get Jared a new rig to drive, since the "explosion" of the blazer. So many plans. Finally going to start on the back yard this spring, so that it's done before Jayce's graduation/birthday party on June 13th.

Right at this moment, I'm in the process of trying to find a cheap house to rent for a weekend with a couple of friends. We all really need it, and we made it another tradition about three years ago to do something like this. It's a relaxing break, playing cards, watching movies, etc.

Well that's all for now. Hope everyone who reads this has a great day!

1 comment:

The Moon's said...

hey guys, glad that you found our blog! Don't worry Aunt Jared you get to be a great Aunt now! :) Oh it will be fun. It is nice to read up on what you guys have been up to! Keep in touch

Sommer